Generic nodes in the accessibility tree

 A 'generic' node is usually a 'div' element. I add an 'h2' header element after a 'section' to describe the 'section' element. I hide the 'h2' element by setting 'display: none'. I add a 'figcaption' after a 'figure'.


I try to replace the 'generic' 'div' element with a 'section' or 'figure' element but sometimes my 10 year-old browser gets confused so I just put the 'section' or 'figure' around the 'div'.  


The 'accessiblity true' is an extended version of the DOM tree meant for screen readers.


I also hope that if I add more HTML5 tags then Google's search bot will like my pages a bit more.  But I really need third-party links to my pages to get in the search rankings.


Getting to the 'accessibility tree' is a bit complicated in Chrome. Go to the 'developer tools' then choose 'Accessiblity' from the 'Elements' tab, then click 'Enable full-page accessibility tree', then click 'Reload DevTools', and then click the icon of a person with outstretched arms


There are more tips at: bbingo.xyz/t

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

webkit-tap-highlight-color in CSS

Steve Jobs quotes