Mobile-first pages

 I am creating 'cut-down' copies of my web pages which perform better, are more accessible, and which put mobiles first.


These 'cut-down' pages have much less content. The tips page just shows the latest tips, for example.


I remove all the JavaScript animations and CSS animations from the 'cut-down' pages.


I change some colors to have more contrast in the 'cut-down' pages.


I remove any index and any search boxes from the 'cut-down' pages. I will add them back when I have learnt how to do 'slide-in' options for mobiles.


I add a link in the 'cut-down' page to the original page. 


I rename the original page and make the 'cut-down' page take on the orignal name of the original page. Now all external links, like Google's search, point to the 'cut-down' page.


However, my most popular page is an old-fashioned page with lots of animations, badly contrasting colours and badly spaced-out elements. The page is best viewed on a desktop computer.


There are more tips at: bbingo.xyz/t

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

webkit-tap-highlight-color in CSS

Steve Jobs quotes