Deleting and backups with Windows FTP

 It is easy to delete the wrong files on my website when using the FTP in Windows File Explorer.


But it is also easy to make backups of my website with FTP.


I selected a few files to delete but I still had my 'images' directory selected so I deleted lots of my images by mistake. I am going to delete just one file at a time in future when using FTP.  


It takes one and a half hours to backup my one gigabyte website using FTP. My cheap hosting plan with 'Hostinger' does make weekly backups but I cannot access the server where the backups are from the computers in my library - a DNS problems maybe.


I can now easily switch to another cheap introductory offer with another hosting provider now I have my own backups.


There are more tips at: bbingo.xyz/t

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

webkit-tap-highlight-color in CSS

Steve Jobs quotes