hue-rotate and invert for dark mode

 For my quick 'dark mode' I say 'hue-rotate(180deg)' as well as 'invert(100%)'.


Inverting colors makes the strongest of the red, green and blue channels the weakest, changing the color or 'hue'. If you rotate the color wheel by 180 degrees, you get back to something near the original color or 'hue'.


I tried reversing the order of 'invert' and 'hue-rotate' when I invert images again.  But the order did not seem to make any diference.  If I invert images again then I do not seem to get back to the exact original colors.


I tried reducing the brightness after inverting the colors but this reduced the contrast of the text.


For my game, I have started on a custom 'dark mode', changing all the colors rather than using a quick 'invert' filter. If I make the colors lighter or darker rather than inverting then I can keep much closer to the original color scheme. But this is going to take me a long time. So I am also working on a 'dark mode' with an overall 'invert' but also borrowing some of my custom colors and inverting them again so they show through.


There are more tips at: bbingo.xyz/t

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

webkit-tap-highlight-color in CSS

Steve Jobs quotes