More 'css.gg' tips

 I search the icons at 'css.gg' using Google's search.


For example, I search for 'button icon cas.gg'. But after a while Google puts up a check to see if you are a human and not a bot.


There seem to be more icons at 'css.gg' than those listed in the categories.


Sometimes I have to align the icons by adding a 'top' or 'left' property to the parent element which is positioned 'relative'.


Sometimes I have to add a 'top:0' or 'left:0' property to the ':before' or ':after' elements when I add the icons to a real webpage.


There is no 'cog' or 'gear' icon as this is difficult to do with the 3 elements used: the parent, the ':before' and the ':after'. I found a cog icon in an answer on 'stackoverflow.com'.


I converted the icons to 'em' units but a few icons do not scale completely perfectly. It is probably best to use inline SVG's, but I am learing a lot about CSS using the icons at 'css.gg'.


I change the 'display' property from 'block' to 'inline-block' because I mainly put the icons next to text. I also change 'rotate' to 'rotate3d' out of habit because I have done a lot of CSS animations that run on the GPU


There are more tips at: bbingo.xyz/techtips/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

webkit-tap-highlight-color in CSS

Steve Jobs quotes