Google chose 'full' page as 'canonical' not 'cut-down' mobile page

 Google's search set a 'full' page to be 'canonical' rather than the 'cut-down' version I had made for mobiles.


I fixed this by putting the full content back in the mobile version. 


Maybe Google's search wants to index some of the phrases in this page of 'idioms'. I know Google indexes some of the names in my 'names' page.


The mobile version still does not have some features of the 'full' page like: being able to search the phrases, having an index, having animations, and showing carousels of images. Most of these extra features are only shown with JavaScript after a delay after the page loads.


Google recommends not having a separate page for mobiles. I could use 'accordians' to show the extra content


There are more tips at: [bbingo.xyz/t](http://bbingo.xyz/t)


There are more tips at: bbingo.xyz/techtips/




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

webkit-tap-highlight-color in CSS

Steve Jobs quotes