Getting started with Progress Web Apps

 Creating a simple minimal Progressive Web App (PWA) helped me get started with this sometimes complex topic.


Chrome also helps by showing lots of information about your PWA and letting you test the 'service workers'.


I learnt a lot from the course on PWA's on 'web.dev' but the course was a  bit overwhelming.


After all, PWA's are quite ambitious. You add hints to a web page, borrow a little code, and magically the page turns into something that runs by itself on a mobile phone like a native app.


Now I don't need to learn two new languages to get my game to run nicely on Android phones and iPhones and iPads.


However, I had to upgrade my website to use SSL for PWA's to work.


I have now changed all my webpages so that they can run as PWA's.


There are more tips at: bbingo.xyz/t

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

webkit-tap-highlight-color in CSS

Steve Jobs quotes